Quickvue + Infectious Mononucleosis Rapid Test
8 November 2019
Infectious Mononucleosis is a type of viral infection, also known as mono or glandular fever. This infection can affect people of all ages, but most cases affect teenagers and young adults.
- Infectious mononucleosis is usually caused by the Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV)
- EBV is a common herpes virus that many people have, often without symptoms
- The symptoms are high temperature, severely sore throat, swollen glands in the neck and fatigue
- Symptoms will usually last 3/4 weeks but the fatigue may last several months
Quickvue + Infectious Mononucleosis Test
The Quickvue + Infectious Mononucleosis rapid test detects the infection in just 5 minutes by measuring the IgM antibodies in whole blood, plasma and serum. The test combines the simplicity of a rapid test with accurate results in 5 minutes.
Easy to Use
- Self-contained Test Cassette
- Easy to read plus/minus (+/-) results
- Use with multiple sample types
- IgM Specific test
- Sensitivity: > 99% Specificity: > 99%
- > 99% agreement with slide hemagglutination and EIA
If you are interested in finding out more, please click here to contact us for more information.
Sign up to our Newsletter
Join our newsletter
Sign up to recieve the latest information, guides and resources.